POBSC Club Player Pass - 2019
Updated Wednesday March 13, 2019 by Jeff Knoll.
CLUB/GENERAL Player Pass Rules POBSC
POB Travel Teams with minimum rosters now have the opportunity to utilize club players from other teams who have players that meet the age requirements
- To apply your roster size needs to be:
- U13 teams - 14 players or less
- U11/U12 teams - 12 players or less
- U10 teams - 10 players or less
- Any team with a larger roster size can petition the POBSC Travel Committee through their Travel DH to request the use of a “Club/General Player Pass” player. However, please note that POBSC’s purpose for implementing this policy is to assist teams to field a team in the face of injury, illness, religious observances and other unavoidable conflicts, not to field a more competitive team.
- The Coach of the SECONDARY Team in need applies to their Travel DH looking for club players that are age eligible
- Coach of the PRIMARY Team with eligible players informs their entire team via email that there is an opportunity to participate as a club player for the SECONDARY Team
- Parent will submit their interest/responses via GOOGLE DOC to the Travel Committee with the understanding the commitment is to the player’s PRIMARY Team FIRST
- "Club/General Player Pass" selection shall be made at the discretion of the following individuals:
- Travel VP, Travel DH(s) along with both the PRIMARY Head Coach & SECONDARY Head Coach
- The player shall be selected based upon the following criteria (not in any particular order):
- Player’s skill level, attitude and availability
- SECONDARY Team's needs
- Input from both the PRIMARY Head Coach & SECONDARY Head Coach
- PLAYER’S COMMITMENT TO THEIR PRIMARY TEAM
- No Coach shall have the right to deny any player who wants to participate in the “Club/General Player Pass” Program.
- Upon selection, participation in game play and individual game play time will be at the sole discretion of the SECONDARY Head Coach and his/her staff.
- A player cannot miss a PRIMARY Team's practice, training session or game to participate in any way for SECONDARY team unless there is written permission from both the PRIMARY Team Head Coach AND Travel VP
- The player has the right to participate in any or all SECONDARY Team(s) practices or training sessions, as long as it does not conflict with any practice, training session or games for their PRIMARY Team.
- Under these guidelines a player cannot leave the roster of their PRIMARY Team to be rostered on the SECONDARY Team, unless their PRIMARY team disbands
- The player can play and participate in any and all seasonal and winter tournaments for the SECONDARY Team as long as they DO NOT conflict with the activities of their PRIMARY Team, or with written permission from the PRIMARY Team Head Coach AND Travel VP
- Playing time rules for all players on a SECONDARY Team will remain in force as per the POBSC by-laws regardless of how many “Club Player Pass” players are being used at any particular time.
- There will be No Extra Fees associated with the “Club Player Pass” for the player, unless they have agreed to participate in a SECONDARY Team “outside tournament" which does not conflict with their PRIMARY Team's practice, training session(s) and/or game.