Travel Fields Set Up & Breakdown
Updated Monday August 21, 2017 by POB Soccer.
SET UP and Take Down Proceedures
Each week different travel teams are responsible for making sure that the Travel Fields are prepared for play Friday night/Saturday Morning before the games begin on Saturday. Teams are also responsible for making sure that the fields are cleaned up before we close the gates Sunday evenings.
Mark your calendars for the week(s) that you are assigned. A weekly email reminder will be sent to individual coaches with that weekend’s game schedule.
There are 2 teams scheduled for each set up & 2 teams scheduled for each take down. For your benefit, you should communicate with the other coach that you are scheduled to work with prior to Set Up and Take Down.
I would also highly encourage you to recruit your team parents to assist you.
Below is the breakdown of responsibilities.
Setup: Friday night before dark or Saturday morning before 8:30am
- Make sure that all goals are secured with stakes and that there are no loose stakes lying on the ground.
- Place Corner Flags in their proper spots. (Flags will be on the side of the shed)
- Police the fields for bottles, golf balls & debris
- Walk the playing fields and remove any sharp objects, golf balls or anything else that may cause injury
- Make sure that ALL garbage cans are emptied into the dumpster in the parking lot. Line the can with a garbage bag and place the pails at the midfield stripe of all fields on both the player and parents sidelines. (Replacement bags will be on side of shed)
- Pickup any leftover clothing items, balls etc and give them to me for Lost & Found.
- Fields must be ready for play. Report any issues with the field immediately.
- Close the gates on your way out.
Takedown: Sunday after all games have concluded
- Remove the corner flags & bring them to storage shed
- Police the fields for bottles & debris
- Empty ALL garbage cans into dumpster in parking lot and replace garbage bags.
- Return pails to the midfield stripe of all fields on both the player and parents sidelines. (Garbage bags will be on side of shed)
- Pickup any leftover clothing items and give them to me for Lost & Found Close the gate on the way out
GOALS SHOULD NEVER BE MOVED!!!
If you need to call Jeff Knoll from the fields, his cell number is (516) 532-4429.