U6 Kindergarten ProgramUpdated Monday August 21, 2017 by POB Soccer.
(U6) Kindergarten Division
This hour long session will consist of training and 4v4 small-sided games to big goals. There will be some skill instruction from the trainers designed to achieve the “objectives” described for the program. While the game-day structure may resemble the adult version of soccer, it is very important to remember the “psychosocial considerations” of the age group as we (as adults) interact with this environment. Ultimately the emphasis of these small-sided games is on learning to love the game through lots of touches on the ball and as much goal scoring as possible.
“Play is the key to open many doors.”
- Dr. Marianne Torbert, Professor, Temple University
Director, Leonard Gordon Institute for Human Growth Through Play
“Play is the highest form of research.”
- Dr. Albert Einstein, Austrian-American physicist and 1921 Nobel Prize winner for physics
“Sports, when approached in the right way, can be as valuable as academics in the development of a happy child.”
- Dr. Edward M. Hallowell, child and adult psychiatrist specializing in ADD/ADHD
“Children in the 21st (century) have been transformed from net producers of their own toy and play culture, to net consumers of play culture imposed by adults.”
- David Elkind, American Child Psychologist and Author
“All I need to know, I learned in Kindergarten.”
- Robert Fulghum, American Author